Thursday, October 09, 2008

Baby

The big day is finally here.

I was so excited that Wade could make it, he didn't want to ask for it off since he just started this rotation, but once they found out they made him take it off!

Really, I always make myself so nervous the couple days before an ultrasound that I just didn't care anymore, I really really wanted to see a healthy baby.




Any last minute guesses?

The baby was really healthy. My due date is Feb 22. (Not that is matters) The baby weighed 14 ounces. Healthy heart, brain, stomach, face. The ultrasound tech even printed out a nice picture of the baby's feet special just for Wade.

Boy? Girl?


We are all pretty excited. Gage says he has never had a sister before and he can't wait. Let the shopping begin.

50 comments:

Kathy said...

Hurray! Charlotte will be so excited! It's fun to have a little girl. I hope you get the chance to see Wade playing "Daddy ballerina"

Unknown said...

Congrats on the girl. Hope you guys are having fun with Wade.

Christia said...

OH MY GOSH! Debbi I am SO excited for you! I can't wait to send you pink and purple stuff! (Seriously I have a ton!)

brittany said...

hooray!!! I am so excited for you! You are going to have so much fun shopping. Welcome to the world of dress-ups and drama.

Rosjuane said...

OH yah!! How exciting. I was secretly hoping it was a girl. Now I just can't wait till she gets here. Oh and to answer your question. I really don't know except that your picture is added to my blog at the bottom and so people will find yours, it adds it to google reader, and it gives you updates on your dashboard of blogs. So I don't even use my google reader most of the time cause I read it on my dashboard.

{Erica} said...

YAY!! i've been checking all day!! I'll be sending you a great book on how to do girl hair :)

They will be the best big brothers to her!

Anne-Marie said...

YAY! That is so exciting and for once, I actually guessed right :) Don't worry about the whole shopping thing, I'm sure LOTS of people will help you out there :)

Jenny and Evan said...

Hooray! Gage's wish/prayers came true! Daniel is so excited to see her that he can't hold still. Maybe we'll come to Portland at the end of February so we can meet the little darling. I guess that Pedro-Paco is not on the name list anymore. How does Wade feel about having a girl?

P.S. - Last night when Evan and I were watching that Twilight parody again for the third time, Daniel was on my lap and started crying. I guess he doesn't like it when people make fun of his beloved Twilight.

Heitmann Family said...

Congrats!! Little girls are so much fun!! And yes the shopping is a blast too!!

Sarah C said...

Yeah! Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Laura said...

Congratulations!! You will have so much fun with a girl, they very different but very fun!

mary said...

YAY YAY YAY! I'd say that either way, of course, but how exciting! I was dying because you kept dragging out the results until the very end of your post. I didn't vote until this morning because I just couldn't guess, and finally I voted GIRL and I'm excited that you're really having one! Let's see some ultrasound pics.

Katie said...

Congratulations Debbi! Girls are so much fun (I'm sure boys are too, I just don't have any experience). You will have fun dressing her up!

Andrea said...

CONGRATS DEBBI!! How exciting for your little family. Gage and Noah are going to be the best big brothers to their new baby sister. How fun that you get to actually buy PINK! YAY

chandra said...

HAPPY DANCE HAPPY DANCE. If only you could see me doing my happy dance. I am so dang excited!!!! I think I would have cried right there in the office. I LOVE Gages face. It almost looked like he was giving a "shoot dang" face. But this must be his happy face.

Sarie said...

Ok, full on goosebumps right now! I am so excited for you! Yay!!

Lindsay said...

you are following the trend here--two boys and then a girl :) I am so excited for you guys! I remember being shocked when I found out Elizabeth was a girl--I was kind of thinking I would have three little boys, but it has been so so fun--a completely different adventure! I'll warn you already--it's not going to be very hard for her to melt her daddy's heart...or her brothers!
What a cute way to announce it!
Oh--I am just so thrilled for you all. Any names picked yet?

Crystal said...

Congratulations again!! I love Gage's face in that last picture. I told Ella that Gage was having a baby sister and she said, "What happened to Noah?" I just laughed and told her that Gage AND Noah were having a baby sister. You all are going to love having a little girl around.

Jessica said...

I've been enjoying dressing my baby girl so much more than I did John, so I hope you will too! If you're still in the area I have tons of clothes for you to borrow! Congrats, this is so exciting!

Kim said...

YIPPEEE!!! You are going to love have a little girl. I'm so glad that she's healthy. I will have lots of girl stuff for you when you come to Utah in May???

Juliann said...

Congrats you guys!! So excited for you!

Christi said...

Congradulations!! How fun a girl. You'll love it. Bows, dresses, pink, princess, dollies, barbies... It's a wonderful world!

Chapman Family said...

Hooray! Now we can both have babies in Feb. and they will both be girls-what fun! I'm sure Gage and Noah will be great big brothers! Congrats! :)

Unknown said...

YEAH!!!! This gave me chills. Seriously Debbi I am just so excited for you. Having a girl is just amazing and so much fun! A new best friend for you! Seriously I am sooooooo happy for you. Congrats!

Sarah said...

Yay!!! That is so exciting! What a lucky girl to have such great big brothers! Congratulations!!

Courtney said...

Congrats! That's so exciting! Your two boys aren't going to know what to do with a little sister!! But she'll be the best loved sister of all! That is awesome news!

The Perry Family said...

I hate that I'm the 26th comment, but I don't have the net at home!!! SO HAPPY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO START SHOPPING TOO! HAHA YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we love boys too, but it's time to even the playing field a little! haha

allison said...

Congratulations I am so excited for you. You will love having a girl, they are so much fun (but like Katie I have nothing to compare to.) Enjoy all the Pink!

Dena said...

Am I really the 29th person to comment?!?!? WOW!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I am SO happy for you! That's what I voted for!!! I can't wait to hear about names! I'm so excited for you...PINK! Such a fabulous color! What a sweet little family you will have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haylee Mollerup said...

OH DEBBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! You get to buy PINK! Has it sunk in yet? That's awesome!

Amanda said...

Yay for girls! Congratulations.....girls are so much fun! (as are boys too)

Kelly said...

Okay so Joseph was me! Sorry I was still logged in for Jody. No you don't have a random stalker named Joseph! Phew!

Laken said...

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!! Girls are so much fun! It is going to be a totally new world for you! Congrats!!!! :) :) :)

The Halls said...

Yeah!!! Girls are so much fun you will love it (not that boys aren't)! It's just different I am sooooo exvited for you guys!!!

Sarah said...

Yeah for girls!!! You are going to love it! I just can't wait I feel so excited for you, the boys are going to be such perfect big brothers. Todd thought Gages comment about never having a sister before was pretty funny.

deena said...

Congratulations!! Girls are so much fun! I'm so happy for you. Go pink!!!

Amateur Steph said...

Hooray! Those pictures of your boys announcing it were cute! I always thought having a big brother would be so fun, and your little girl gets two!

Cassie said...

oh congrats Debbi!! I am so excited for you, it is so much fun!!!

Amanda Wilson said...

Yeah!!!!! I am so excited for you. I actually screamed out when I read it. How fun for you guys! I can't wait to see her in May! Miss you guys!

Jennilyn said...

Yeah! Girls are so much fun, and she will be the luckiest one with those two cute big brother's. I always wanted a big brother. We miss you guys and hope you are doing good. Have fun with your husband.

Nelson News said...

YIPPEE!!! We are so excited for you. Have fun shopping, girls are soo fun to shop for!! Congrats. PS, we are doing the Twilight Movie at midnight. Wanna get a group up there and we can make it the biggest midnight opening ever?!?!

Lindy said...

Hooray! We're excited for you. It will be a whole new adventure, not that I know anything about it! I'm sure it will be nice to not be so overrun by testosterone anymore. LOL. Congrats again!!!

kh said...

I don't even remember what I guessed, but I am so happy for you! I love what Gage said too, that's just funny.

Your little girl will be so cute. I can't wait until Feb.

CONGRATS!!!

Ashley said...

Congratulations, that is awesome that she is healthy, that is really all I am thinking of when I get an ultrasound is if everything is healthy. That is so neat though to have a little girl, your two sons will be protective of her. That is so great. I am really happy for you guys, girls are the best!!!

suds2004 said...

I can't believe I am the last one to read this post. I am sooo excited for you. A little girl is going to be so fun. Congrats!!!!

Mom of these kids said...

YEY!!!! Oh, you will have fun shopping!! I know you are excited to get you a little girl!!! I am so excited for you!

Regi said...

Wow we are so excited for you! Gage looks like he might be in pain in that last picture! Congratulations on a girl!

Jenni said...

Big Congratulations!! I love the post and the pictures--the faces the boys are making are hilarious. Dresses, bows, bracelets---Indeed, let the shopping begin.......

Jeanette said...

Congratulations!
How fun!
I love the way you did the pictures to make the announcement. If I remember it, I might have to steal it next time I am pregnant! :-)

Anonymous said...

Debbi! I am a little slow but....CONGRATS ON HAVING A BABY GIRL!!! How exciting! I am super excited for you. I think everyone needs at least one little girl. I for sure want a little girl. So fun.