Saturday, February 14, 2009

Home

After 24 hours - we got to come home yesterday! I love that my OB agreed that a 3rd time mom doesn't really need to stay in the hospital for a long time if she feeling good.

Thanks for all the nice comments, and to Wade for actually blogging about little Avery. I guess it takes a baby girl for him to blog about something, I'm pretty sure I even did Noah's birth when we had him.

Congratulations to Allison S. for winning the baby birth-day. She was within 10 minutes! The best part not only did she win, but she won on her birthday!

Coming home:

As we were waiting to be discharged yesterday (we waited and waited and waited, it's a long story) a knock came at the door and we were delivered this birthday cake for Avery! It was so cute, we had to take her picture with her first cake. Too bad she couldn't eat some of it, it was tasty.


Tuesday at my Dr. appointment my blood pressure was still pretty high, so after some discussion I got the go ahead to be induced Thursday.
Thursday morning Wade and I headed to the hospital bright and early (5am) and they started the pictocin around 8. After a relatively relaxing morning of just hanging out hooked up to an IV the nurse picked up the speed with the IV and things started moving along and getting regular around lunch.
Mr. Dr's office is right across the street from the hospital so at lunch time he came over and decided to break my water. I had been warning him all along that nothing really happens until my water breaks, but once it does, everything moves fast. So around 12:30 he broke my water, I was only dilated to 4 cm so he went back to the office.
Then things started moving. I had the nurse call for my epidural. It felt like forever for him to get there and I was in a lot of pain with contractions while he was giving it to me. After getting the epidural and still having a lot of pain I told the nurse to check me and she discovered I was fully dilated and ready to go, she called the Dr. and told him to run over ASAP! I had gone from a 4 to a 10 in an hour!
A few minutes later my Dr. came running into the room, he had literally ran the distance from his office across the street. He sat down and had me do one push, and her head crowned, I pushed a second time and her head came out and then one more push and she was here! I think we were all in shock how fast things went. Yesterday when my OB discharged me from the hospital he said to me, "If I deliver your next baby, don't let me leave after breaking your water!"
We are all doing good, it's so nice to be home. She looks like Noah in the face, but has lots of dark black hair like Gage. Gage and Noah are in love with her, we are glad Avery Ann is here and part of our family.

27 comments:

Kathy said...

She looks so cute. And that cake looks like just the right size for the mamma who brought her here. She doesn't look too happy about going home though. Maybe she me some nice baby boys in the hospital.

Anne-Marie said...

She's so cute!!! I want to come hold her and chat with you for days!!! I'm glad everything went so smoothly! You are so lucky :)

Cassie said...

man what a great valentines gift! Sounds like a great delivery! I am the same way when my water breaks I went fast too! Its kind of nice to know that it will soon be over after that! Way to go and have a speedy recovery!

{Erica} said...

Oh my goodness you forget how small they are! She's sooo cute and tiny. That's so cool they bring you a cake. Glad the larbo was fast for you...fast is the way to go I tell ya :)

So glad you're home and everything is good. She's a doll!

suds2004 said...

SO cute! What a great labor story. I am glad everything went so well. I'm sure your boys are loving having little baby Avery around.

Nelson News said...

Congrats! She is darling & I bet she already has all the male Christiansen's wrapped around her finger. Yay for you, can't wait to meet her.

mary said...

That is so cute that they brought her a cake! What a fun idea. I am glad you got to go home so soon -- seriously, who can sleep with people coming in to check your vital signs all the time? Avery is SO cute and I can't wait to see more pictures of her. I'm glad you posted the story... birth stories are so fun. Good work, Debbi!

Megan and Shawn said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. I'm glad you were able to go early and have Avery. She is adorable. You'll have to let me know how life with a girl is!

Jessica said...

Glad to hear everything went well with your induction and she's here safe and sound, what a precious face!! I can't believe everything went so fast for you either, that's pretty amazing!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful. Maybe you and Aup will end up living close and your girls will be able to play. We are having a playroup at hte fire station on feb 25th if you are feeling up to it. I'll email you more details. Glad you are all doing well.

Analisa (aupreille's sister)

Kristan Carter said...

What a great story...She is a doll. I am sure you are loving her and so are the boys...Take care...

Marly said...

Congrats! Doctors really should learn. You tried to warn him.
With my 3rd I broke my own bag and she crowned immediately after. That would have been bad had my midwife just left.

Rosjuane said...

CONGRATS!!!

Lindsay said...

I have forgotten how little they are---so precious! I just love that stage--where they cuddle into you and sleep against your chest. Enjoy it! She is so beautiful!!

Brittany said...

Happy birthday Avery! What a great valentines day present for you guys! What a great birth too. I'm glad things are going well, can't wait to see more pics. How cute that Gage and Noah love her!

Jenny said...

What a super-cutie. You'll have to make her a superhero cape like her brothers have.
Her superpower can be wrapping boys around her tiny finger.
We're so happy for you and can't wait to see her in a few weeks!
I guess my comment from the last post got eaten by blogger. I swear blogger has something against me.

Christi said...

She is SO cute! I'm so excited that you got a girl.

So, did your epidural kick in fast enough? As I read your story that was all I could think! I hope it did. I'm glad your doing well, and I love all the pictures.

Allison said...

She sure is a cute baby! Glad it was quick for you, and glad you got your epi! Even if it wasn't fully effective. Can't wait to hear more about it, and see how it goes with 3. :) Love you!

Sarah said...

She is adorable!!! That is so cute they bring you a cake, what a sweet hospital :) I'm so glad that you guys are home and that everything went so well!!

Amanda Wilson said...

She is beautiful and I am so happy that you finally got your girl. I love the picture with her cake. Soooo cute. I can't wait to meet her in may.

Christia said...

Awww! She is so cute! Congratulations again Debbi!

Kelly said...

She is precious! Congrats Debbi. I can't believe you went from a 4 to a 10 in an hour. It hurts me to think about it! I love her name and can't wait to get to know her better, throught the blog, of course!

brittany said...

Yay! You did a great job! Congrats to all of you!

The Perry Family said...

So cute and congrats!

Ashley said...

Congrats to you and Wade. I am excited for you, I am thrilled that you have a little girl. If Wade is anything like John, he will love her so much and just watch her and think that she is the very best. You look great and I love the pictures of your sons with her.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Congrats Congrats!! Baby Avery is so dang cute!! She is so tiny.
I hope everything is going well for you and your family! Congrats again on your beautiful baby!

Sarie said...

Again, she's beautiful! And what a great story. Things happen fast on the third one!