Wade and his dad took advantage of the spring like weather yesterday and headed out with the ATV for a little ride. They came home with the Razor and just a "little bit" of mud.
Today Wade pulled the Razor out of the trailer and took the kids for a couple rides around the yard.
Of course they couldn't resist some donuts in the garden.
It's been a nice relaxing day. We fixed a deer roast with potatoes, carrots, onions and gravy in the crock pot and added some homemade rolls. Thanks to my sister, who told me her super easy-super yummy recipe, the roast tasted great and didn't taste too much like deer meat. Sometimes living with family is stressful. I am SO thankful that we can live here, don't get me wrong. But there can be times...and it's not our own place. But tonight, tonight at dinner Wade and his dad told the kids story after story about camping and fishing trips they took while Wade was growing up. It was pretty awesome. I am so thankful that my kids can spend this time with their Grandpa. Sometimes I just sit back and think about all the amazing blessings this has brought us all.
The time change wasn't too bad on us. I had a meeting at 7:30, so Wade played super-dad and got all 5 kids up and ready and to church by 9. Even with the time change everyone seems to have survived. Although I think Wade is super tired from staying up way too late watching the BYU basketball game last night and the kids told me it was still light outside when I put them to bed.
Some weeks I just feel so blessed by the awesome church I belong to. Thursday we had our annual Relief Society Birthday Dinner activity. We had about 100 sisters that came! We ate yummy homemade Cafe Rio, and super yummy cup cakes made by amazing ladies in the ward. We played a couple games. And mostly we just visited. It was such a nice evening. I think it was just what everyone needed. I LOVE the ladies in our congregation. I can learn so much from them. They are all so different and so amazing. I have been trying to learn every single sister's name. We have a new development that is being built right now so we have new sisters move in almost every week It's been a challenge, but they are all such great ladies!
I feel so blessed to be a part of Relief Society. I love it. I love even more that no matter where we move or where we go, or visit, I find this awesome sisterhood everyplace in the world that I attend church.
(although I have to say, after 10 moves and many rotations in the past 15 years,
we are done with moving for a very, very long time)
Today we were fed such a good spiritual lesson in Relief Society on repentance. There were so many comments and a great discussion. This quote really stuck out to me. It is SO true.
Happy Sunday.
“The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of people, and then they take themselves out of the slums. The world would mold men by changing their environment. Christ changes men, who then change their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature. …
“Yes, Christ changes men, and changed men can change the world.” - Ezra Taft Benson
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment