My birthday marks the end of birthday extravaganza around our house.
(Four birthdays in six weeks, and now we are all caught up until August.)
One of my sisters sent me a text early this morning
(fyi: only my sister send me texts before 6:30am, but she knows I'm awake)
Anyway, she said I should write a blog posts with all my favorites, just like I make my kids do.
HA!
This is NOT that.
But it is a little bit of our weekend.
The kids surprised me with pictures, notes and cards that they worked out yesterday. My favorite card came from Noah.
This is you.
This is not you.
The "real me" is holding a diet coke in my hand.
Noah always cracks me up.
Wade totally surprised me this year! We usually don't do much for each other's birthdays. We usually go out on a date, but don't do much as far as gifts go. (Last year, for example, I got Wade a BYU sticker for his car that he still hasn't put on) We are kinda lame.
But this year he got me with a Garmin Forerunner watch! I have been wanting one for so long and he knows I talk a lot about it. So....he used his money from Christmas and bought it for me!
But this year he got me with a Garmin Forerunner watch! I have been wanting one for so long and he knows I talk a lot about it. So....he used his money from Christmas and bought it for me!
The pressure is now on...
He got me my Kitchen Aid mixer when I turned 30. So I'm totally expecting another good gift when I turn 40. He has 5 years to plan this.
haha
He made fun of me because I don't run on Sundays, but I just had to go on a small run and try it out..just to the rail road tracks and back. I can't wait to start using this!
Yesterday we celebrated a little bit. I slept in a little bit, and Wade watching the kids so I could run. Then we had a relaxing day; played at the park, went to the library and enjoyed happy hour drinks from Sonic. We picked up Jimmy John's for dinner, so I wouldn't have to cook and after the kids went to bed we watched MockingJay that just came out at the Redbox.
By the way - the movie was great! We've both read the books, so we know how it ends, but we are still looking forward to the last movie.
Today was relaxing. Church this morning and then the kids played outside a lot this afternoon. Lucy tried to fight a stick with her face. The stick won. I made the homemade rolls for dinner and Wade made the homemade mac and cheese. Noah made me a cake, I melted some chocolate and put some swirls on the top and he told me that I needed to get a new job at a cake bakery. ha. It really was not fancy at all. Lucy told us all that it was her birthday and when Wade came in the dining room with a candle on the cake she yelled "MINE!" she then proceed to blow out one candle 4-5 times while Wade kept re-lighting it and the rest of us ate cake.
I was looking back through my blog today and read a blog from when I turned 30. I said,
"I think I'll spend my 30's enjoying those top three things I know that I am, A Daughter of God, A Wife and A Mother. If there is a time and a season to enjoy it, it's right now. No one else can fill this role. There is always time to enjoy hobbies and explore talents, but these, these are my priorities. If I've learned nothing else in 30 years, it's that."
I think I've learned a lot, grown and been stretched a lot in the past 5 years.
I've got 5 more years in my 30's.
I'm looking forward to what the next 5 years can bring.
And I'll be honest, since we are going for the big every 5 year plan....I'm wondering what Wade can figure out to give me in 5 years. haha
just maybe, it will be a house.
j/k
kinda
kinda not
:)
Happy Sunday.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment