I have no idea how it came up, but last night while making dinner Wade and I were talking about running and he said the craziest thing...he said he was faster than me.
What? What?
You think you are faster than me?
I know I am not a fast runner, but he doesn't even like running. It sounded like a challenge to me. And once I told the kids that Dad thought he was faster, it was game time. They thought this was SO fun. He had to race me. There was no getting out of this.
And let's be honest, there was no way for him to win this thing - if he wins, I'm sad and he loses. If he loses, he loses. There was no way out.
So we decided just to call it good and race.
Wade's brothers family was over visiting so they helped and took pictures. Wade wanted a sprint (and I knew he would totally win because I am bad at fast sprints) but a sprint he got. Down to the corner fence and back.
He made me laugh so hard the whole time. (or at least that is my excuse for the race results)
Ready...
Set...
Go!
He even fake tripped, and kept running behind me and yelling "I'm drafting, I'm drafting!"
But in the end I say we tied. He says I won. I wasn't sure where the finishing line was, because Gage was at the end, but he was only holding out a hand for Wade to tag. I'm pretty sure Gage was rooting for his dad. But really - I mean look at this picture. He is just skipping along. He totally let me win. punk.
After we raced, the kids all ran too. Little Eli was SO into this. His little legs just go-go-go. He is the cutest kid.
He went down and back a couple times and even crashed and got some road rash one time. Wade told him he was an "official runner" now.
Gage was a good brother and gave up his second place spot to help Eli up and finish the race.
It was a fun night. I was laughing so hard. But it's on now. After I add some speed running to my workouts for a couple weeks, we'll have to do a re-match for sure.
This time we raced sprints.
Next time we'll race distance.
And I know I can win that.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
That is so hilarious!!!
That is awesome! Go you! I love to watch little kids run. It's such good entertainment. I wish I could have seen this race. Can I be invited to the rematch???
Post a Comment