Monday, December 10, 2007

Books

I have to admit I have not been very good lately at updating My Reading Spot. I updated today and I thought I would post a short update on here as well. I love to read during the holidays, but I have so many other projects as well. Plus, Wade's schedule has allowed him to be home more - which should equal more reading time - but equals more family time, and you can't argue with that.





I just finished a fun novel, North by Northanger. It's my second Mr. and Mrs. Darcy mystery. They are so fun to read.



I have loved Shannon Hale. I've read AustenLand and Princess Academy. I am very excited because I started Goose Girl today! It's part of a series -all of which are out, so I can read right through them all!



One book I am the most excited about is coming out on the 26th of this month. The Sweet Far Thing, by Libba Bray is the 3rd book in The Great and Terrible Beauty series. I'll be gone to see my family when it comes out so I haven't decided to order it and have it waiting when I get home or buy it while I am in Tennessee. I am leaning towards buying it there, but I hope it doesn't make me want to ignore my family and just read! (At least I know my sister Kathy will probably be doing the same thing.) I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if you love Twilight then you will love this series. I am almost tempted to say I love it more - I think Libba Bray is one of the most witty authors ever!




I read this book last month and haven't posted a review on it - it's my site and I'm not sure I really want to post a review for every book I read. I liked this book, I have to admit I cheated and watched the movie as well.



This last book I found at the library and I was so excited. I have seen it at Costco and at book stores but wasn't going to spend money on it - but now that I've looked at it, it might really be worth it! I love the advice it gives boys about girls - and we have made many paper airplanes and cool crystals since we checked it out. Wade loves to read it and I think we will all be very sad when it's due back at the library.

What are you reading? Do you read more during the holidays or do you take a break?

10 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

I might be needing that boy book sooner than later! I want the great and terrible beauties, when you get them back!

{Erica} said...

We got both those books for christmas this year...it's been on my "want" list for a while now! I can't wait to start the series of "A great and terrible beauty"...that's up next for me.

Sarah said...

I think I need to read A Great and Terrible Beauty series, I might get to it while we're in Canada. I love reading during some of the down time that happens during trips. And I've been trying to get through the same book for a couple of months now. I either have our book club book or every time I pick it up I think of something I need to do etc. I can't wait for January - I think I'll get a lot more reading in! :)

Andrea said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you are reading Goosegirl--you will love it! I am starting the 2nd one in the series this week. I finished Message in a Bottle yesterday (thanks--I bawled of course:) and I asked for A Far Sweeter Thing for christmas, so I am excited to read that soon.

Andrea said...

oops...I meant The Sweet Far Thing duh!

Mark and Aupreille said...

I love reading and I am hoping to get lots of reading time in over the break, as my list of reads just keeps growing and I think I need to add the A Great & Terrible Beauty series now that it comes so highly rates.

For december though I am reading Peace like a River for one of my book clubs.

The Perry Family said...

i have wondered about that last book and the one for girls too. i have so slacked on reading! i was on a big roll, then with halloween, thanksgiving and now christmas and new years, i have been so busy. my new years resolution is going to be to read a certain number of books or more! i'm so ready for the next book in the twilight series!

Sarah said...

I just got finished with "Before the Dawn", its about a relief society president during the depression, its pretty good. I think I need to come borrow a book for you, I need something new to read.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the book reviews. I have been looking for a good book to read, so maybe I'll try one of these. I am almost done the Uglies, but didnt like it so I'm trying to find another one. Hope you are serviving Iowa winter, we are so happy no to be there right now. We actually might stay another month here In Az.

Megan and Shawn said...

I bought the Dangerous Book for Shawn for father's day last year. I loved it more than he did. But i think its pretty fun, and it really does have a lot of cool stuff in it. Besides who can feel bad about buying a book, and furthering your education, expanding your mind, etc . . . .