Friday, December 07, 2007

Favorite things part 3

I love nativities that kids can play with. The coveted Little People Nativity is a big hit at my house. Noah loves to play with the sheep the most, he loves to say BAA and carry them around. Gage loves rearranging them and telling us stories about them. These are two more nativity sets I have that the boys can play with.



This one is my first kid friendly set. It's a Precious Moments collection and it's plastic. The shepard had a little walking stick that we have to leave in the box and we have to watch Noah because he likes to put the hay bail in his mouth, but other than that they love to play with it. We've lost baby Jesus before because he is pretty little, but I found him the other day in my purse during story time. Gage kept telling me that the baby was in my bag, but I guess I didn't believe him!
My mom made me this set, it's a bean bag one and they are pretty funny. I love that Gage can throw them around and I don't have to worry. I love the yarn hair.



There is a game we play with him where we quiz him on scripture stories that he is learning. The other day I was playing this game with him and quizzing him on the story of Christs birth. The conversation went a little like this:


Debbi: Who was Jesus' mommy?
Gage: Mary
Debbi: What did the angels tell the Shepard's?
Gage: there was a baby born
Debbi: Where was Jesus born?
Gage: Mexico.


I think he was just little bit off...I think we will keep working!

16 comments:

Rosjuane said...

Well Betheham is kinda like Mexico.?? LOL!! That is too funny.

brittany said...

I about had a heart attack when I read that the precious moments was a set to play with, since at one time we had the very breakable set. I was breathing again when I read that it was plastic :)

I love that Jesus was born in Mexico. It's close, kind of, sort of, right. . .?

Sarah C said...

I love the conversation between you and Gage. Kids say the cutest things. I love that you have Nativity sets the kids can play with. I want to start adding those to my Christmas decorations.

Anonymous said...

LOL Mexico! Gage is so funny! I love all of your nativity sets. I like that you have some that the kids can play with. Yeah pretty sure driving home last night was NO fun! People follow so close here and I don't think they believe in removing the snow from roads until it stops snowing. Which is NOT cool!

The Class of 1997 said...

Ha ha ha! I am laughing so hard that is the CUTEST thing I've read all morning! Mexico! Ha ha!

kh said...

Oh goodness, I am sorry Debbi. I've been working on my class blog this morning and forgot to sign-out. Oops.

Kristan Carter said...

I love the precious moments play set...Where did you get that. I need a kid friendly nativity...The only one I have is ceramic...That won't work...

Stephen + Lauren Reber said...

I love that you put that story in dialogue form. Classic!

The Perry Family said...

at least he knows that mexico is a place! haha

Anne-Marie said...

we love your nativities too! I wouldn't mind following a star to Mexico....

Crystal said...

We had a Precious Moments nativity when I was growing up, but it was glass. I might have to look for the plastic one. Mexico!?! Gage is so funny!

Sarah said...

lol - Mexico - I love it. That is such a cute conversation and I love that you posted it. What a funny kid! And Bethlehem isn't that different than Mexico... and I love that you have nativities that your kids can play with. I totally got them the little people set from your blog about it and they play with it all the time. You are such a great mom with such great ideas!! :)

a-hyde said...

your family is still as cute as ever!

{Erica} said...

Mexico...hahahaha! Where'd he come up with that?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mary said...

Ahaha! That is great! Good for you for having nativity sets. I need some!