Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Favorite Things part 5

The Willow Tree nativity set is a really popular set and has taken me a few years to collect. My mother in law started us out with the camel set - so for a year I had a camel and donkey, but no Mary and Joseph! But, really it was great because I love the camel and I have heard you can't get it anymore, so I'm glad that I have it as part of my collection. I would love to add the stable and star someday.

I had to take a couple pictures of the different parts of this set since it is so large.







Another thing I loved growing up was this advent calendar. My mom has the original, and one year she surprised all six of us with our own! I cannot believe that she made six of these, the hand stitching on some of the little pieces had to take so much time! Gage loves taking turns with Noah turning over a piece each day. (The sheep were a big hit to Noah.) I saved this to post about today because today we turned over one of my favorite pieces, the tiny little present from one of the Wise men!



I added this new advent calendar to our collection this year. It's a Nativity set/book that you read each day and then you pop out the corresponding piece. You can reuse it each year and Gage loves it!


Another fun thing I did this year was a Christmas swap hosted by Rosjuane. Maury had my name and I got my fun package yesterday in the mail. She is an awesome photographer and sent me a fun Christmas scrapbook set! I love it! Thanks Maury and thanks Rosjuane!


10 comments:

The Perry Family said...

I JUST LOVE MAURY! SHE WAS MY NEIGHBOR FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND WE WERE PREGNANT AT THE SAME TIME WITH JACKSON AND NOAH. HER HUSBAND AND I WORKED AT THE SAME BANK. SHE IS SO SWEET! I LOVE THE WILLOW TREE NATIVITY. I WANT IT SOOOO BAD, BUT IT IS SOOOO EXPENSIVE! I JUST COLLECT OTHER PIECES OF IT, WELL I HAVE LIKE 2 BUT WOULD LOVE ALL OF THEM! HAHA

Stephen + Lauren Reber said...

I love the Willow Tree Nativity. My mom has been sending me pieces every year too. She started with the baby Jesus package, but this year I'm hoping for the wise men!

The Perry Family said...

yes, i gave up for now on uglies. i will have to read it eventually considering that i bought it along with pretties and specials! haha i want to finish the hp series. i watched order of the phoenix the other night and it got me in the mood!

Sarah said...

I love the Willow Tree Nativity. And I love your advent calendar! We had one growing up that I absolutely loved doing and am hoping to make one for my kids, but maybe I should just hint to my mom to make me one for Christmas one of these years! That's so sweet of your mom to make those for all of you guys!

Ken said...

there's something to read about with the advent calendar?

Julie said...

I was just telling Joel the other day that the nativity set I really would like is the one from Willow tree. I am not a huge knick knack person, but I like willow tree figurines.

Anonymous said...

I love Betty, too. She really is sweet, although I think my mother-in-law is right at the top of the favorite list! Yeah on the new pieces of nativity!

Anonymous said...

I love your mother-in-law too. The nativity looks so good with the new pieces. Maybe next year you will be here for girl's night out!

Mom of these kids said...

I am glad you like it! (you didn't have to show a pic of my lovely wrapping job though! LOL)

Thank you Heather!!

Mom of these kids said...

Oh, and it looks like I am the only one that didn't get an ornament! I am sorry if I broke the rules, I thought it could be an ornament, or something else. Sorry about that!