Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Good News Wednesday

Welcome Wednesday!



I'm late posting my good news today, because I have bad/embarrassing news as well. Read my good news to find out more.



1. My kids do not have pink eye. That is the good news. The bad news is, I do. I am laughing, and embarrassed, because what kind of 27 year old gets pink eye? I wash my hands all day long and last weekend when I got a cold I stayed home from church and inside from all the cold weather - this is how I get repaid?! Frustrating!



2. We went to our church Christmas party this past weekend and it was a blast! There was yummy food and a pie bar for dessert! The program was wonderful and Gage had a fun time doing an interpretive dance/break dance to a beautiful version of Oh Holy Night sung by Karin. I would have got out my camera (I had it) and taped him, but I was too embarrassed. Then came Santa - and now you get to read my embarrassing news. I gave the kids to Wade so he could help them stand in line and I could help clean up our table. When I found them after Santa, Wade said Gage kept cutting in line and getting in every one's pictures! This was the only picture Wade got of him with Santa. (Santa is played by a wonderful counselor in our bishopric, who has the real beard and is such a fun guy!)



3. Yesterday we were stuck inside all day and school was canceled for all the husbands! My neighbor Julie and Anne-Marie and kids came over for lunch and fun times! Wade has been saving his money for a while and purchased an X-Box 360 a few weeks ago and he had such a fun time letting the kids take turns racing cars. Anne-Marie and Julie went head to head for a couple races as well. I'm not really big into video games, but I was glad Wade finally bought something he wanted (he never does!) and we had a fun afternoon!





4. The ice is slowly but surly melting/chipping off my van! Wade spent 45 minutes chipping an inch of ice off my van yesterday so I could get out of the house, and I was so thankful!

5. Two short weeks from now we fly to Tennessee to see my family! We are having a family reunion and my parents and all 14 adults (parents, plus siblings and spouses) and 11 grandchildren will all be together - something that hasn't happened in 3 plus years!

What's your good news?

13 comments:

{Erica} said...

sorry to hear about your eye.
funny about gage running in everyone's pictures.
looks like you had fun yesterday.
see you tonight.

The Perry Family said...

POOR DEBBI! i hate pink eye, so itchy and watery! anywho, that is funny about gage! don't feel bad, my kids have to sit right on top of every kid that has a birthday party and wants to open their gifts, THAT is embarrassing b/c i am constantly telling them to get back and quit and what not! so proud of the xbox purchase! you soooo need to buy guitar hero! i am getting GH III for Christmas and want to open it so bad and play right now! haha

Nelson News said...

I hate to say it, but many adults get pink eye, at least that is what my pediatrician says. The day after we moved into our house (and the day before Christmas) our sprinklers came on and sprayed my car for 45 minutes in 20 degree weather. Needless to say, my car was covered in ice. Matt's dad came over and started the car and let it run for an hour to get all the ice melted. Don't you love winter?!?!

Anne-Marie said...

I love the pics. Thanks for not posting an embrassing one with me sticking my tongue out! you are a true friend :)

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Sorry about your eye! Looks like you had a fun ICE day! It was kind of nice to just stay home instead of going to work. My good news is I go home in like a week! YAHOOO!!

chandra said...

I can totally see Gage doing that and I can see Wade holding Noah with the look on his face, what do I do???
Sorry you got pink eye that totally sucks. I got that a couple years ago back when I wore contacts and I couldn't wear them for a week because my eye hurt so bad. Hope it gets better soon. Well now! How cool that Wade got a xbox. So very proud.

Sarah said...

Yay for Wade and his Xbox! I got Christian a 360 last year for Christmas and we have lost him recently to Halo 3. Anna loves playing the Cars racing game with Christian, I bet your boys would love it :) And that stinks that you have pink eye! Thank heavens for antibiotics! :) My good news is one more week until me and the girls leave for Canada for Christmas!! :)

The Perry Family said...

huckabee is a retard and don't ever think that people from arkansas are like him...see this link:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22239946/

Heitmann Family said...

I am sorry you have the pink eye. That can't be fun. Our good news is we are staying in Tacoma for the rest of Ryan's residency!!

brittany said...

Sorry about your pink eye! My parents and my brother all had it last weekend, boy was I glad we weren't there.

Sarah C said...

That looks like so much fun. It makes me really miss you guys. I miss Des Moines. I am glad you are all always having fun together. I am sorry you got pink eye. I love the Santa picture.

Sarie said...

Debbi- I expect to see pictures from your family reunion! how fun to get everyone together! Come down to Florida and visit me and Kim!!!!!

Allison said...

I'm so glad you're getting to see your family in a week!! I hope the eye is better by now. Have an amazing Christmas. I miss bundling up my kids to walk down to your house. Enjoy the cold.