Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Good News Wednesday

It's Wednesday - here is my good news!

1. We had a fun play date yesterday with our friend Hunter. His mom, Andrea, had a great idea for snowmen I think both boys had more fun eating the treats and playing trains together!





2. Noah is walking. He took his first steps on Saturday, November 24, and he is getting better every day. He still can crawl faster so it's been hard to get a good video. Here's one I took this morning.




3. We are off this morning to a Shake Rattle and Roll program at one of the libraries. The kids get to dance and play instruments. I already know Gage loves this program, we've been before, but I can't wait to see how excited Noah will be!

4. I almost did an entire post about this one - Gage is always amazing and cracking us up! I never knew it was possible to feel the spirit and laugh your head off so hard at the same time! We've been talking to Gage about how when he gets big he can go on a mission. Last night Gage's prayer went like this: (he speaks in 3rd person when he prays)

"Dear Heavenly Father, I am thankful for the day, bless Gage to be a missionary someday, bless Noah and bless Noah to be a good missionary someday. Bless Noah to be a go-ga. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen."

Yeah - Go ga. Wade and I couldn't stop laughing. We aren't sure what it is, but he calls everyone this. A few weeks ago he was calling everyone beans - kidney bean, pinto bean, lima bean. Now he has moved on to go-ga's. And if his prayers are answered his brother will be a very good one!

Happy Wednesday! What's your good news?

17 comments:

{Erica} said...

It's so weird to see mister noah walking! YAY for that big milestone! I loved Gage's prayer...he's such a crack up! Yesterday Ella came up to me and said "Mom, Jesus is my Fairy Godmother"...haha, I swear they say the funniest things. Noah will make a VERY good Missionary or Go-ga for that matter :D

Anonymous said...

Good for Noah! That is nuts that he is walking already. I LOVE Gage's prayer! He is so funny. I always laugh when I think of him calling me "pinto."

Anne-Marie said...

good video catching! good news? hmm...mason crawls on his knees more and more and luckily he doesn't pay much attention to the christmas tree!

Courtney said...

Yeah for Noah! That is such a great video! Thanks again for the books! There is a huge hold for Specials out here so I guess I'll have to wait to read it when I get back.

Laura said...

I can't blame the boys for eating their snowmen, I love those snow ball cake things!
That video of Noah walking is so cute! I can't believe he is walking already, time goes by so quickly. It seems like just the other day we at Hannahs bday party and Gage was just a baby!
Awesome prayer! It's so hard not to laugh when they say funny things in a prayer! How cute!

Heitmann Family said...

I love children's prayers. Meysa is really into praying about Sleeping beauty right now, so I guess you could tell what she has been watching a lot of lately!!!

The Perry Family said...

that is so sweet - gage's prayer and noah looks like a pro already on the walking deal! congrats!

Julie said...

Love the video!! Noah is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Noah! How is Gage taking Noah's new mobility?

jenny

Sarah said...

Congratulations to Noah!! His walk is so cute. Your boy's are so cute, i can't wait until Anna starts saying her own prayers.

Crystal said...

Great idea on the snowmen. They are making me very hungry!

Celeste said...

That's so great that you got his first few steps on video!...He should be wearing a BYU shirt though:)...Love the pray...that's one you need to write in the baby book.

brittany said...

Lily says funny stuff like that in her prayers too, I love it. We are not near the flooding. Bend is in Central Oregon. I have been at my parents though until tonight and there was some serious flooding around there, but not anything that was close enough to slow us down. It is crazy.

Sarah said...

Yay for Noah! I love, love the way little babies walk when they're first starting out! Katie still walks like she's been riding a horse all day, I love it :) And I love Gage's prayer, he sounds so funny! And that he used to refer to everyone as a bean - what a fun kid! :)

Dan and Amanda Arrhenius said...

Oh man we signed up for the wrong day! I took Elisabeth to Shake Rattle and Roll on Tuesday! She loved it! It was nice to take her and see how she did without Madeleine around.
Amanda

Dan and Amanda Arrhenius said...

p.s. AWESOME JOB NOAH!

Mom of these kids said...

I want to know how you made those snowmen!!